Free digital download available at: www.feedbooks.com/userbook/23483/godman

Someone take these dreams away.
That point me to another day.
A duel of personalities.
That stretch all true realities.

Joy Division
Dead Souls







Friday 16 December 2011

A novel has many things influencing it. From the personality and experiences of the author, through to the books he’s read, the films he’s seen and the music he listens to. To give you a greater idea of what Godman is all about, here are various lists of what I consider to be my main influences.

FILMS
Films that have had an influence on Godman:


Clean, shaven (Lodge Kerrigan)
I Stand Alone (Gaspar Noe)
One Hour Photo (Mark Romanek)
Peeping Tom (Michael Powell)
Schramm (Jorg Buttgereit)
Taxi Driver (Martin Scorsese)

BOOKS
Authors who have influenced both me and Godman to varying degrees:


Paul Auster
Charles Bukowski
Albert Camus
Fyodor Dostoevsky
Michel Houellbecq
Chuck Palahniuk
Paul Schrader
Irvine Welsh

MUSIC
I always listen to music when I’m writing. This is the music I was listening to whilst writing Godman:


13 (Blur)
Kid A (Radiohead)
Mezzanine (Massive Attack)
OK Computer (Radiohead)
Songs in the Key of X (Various)
Taxi Driver OST (Bernard Herrmann)

No comments:

Post a Comment